Saturday, October 1, 2016

The New Normal - Hair and Nails in Casablanca


Coiffure Palace (Flashing in English); After picture


We've been in Casablanca for eight weeks . . . yes, eight whole weeks without a hair cut and color, and without a pedicure!  Richard got his hair cut and beard trimmed in early September, but I've been putting it off.  I figured it was time to venture out, since the gray roots on my hair were an inch long and my toe nails and feet were, well, you know. 



Before


Anyway, Paula from GWA was nice enough to make me an appointment with an awesome stylist named Souad at the Coiffure Palace (on Ghandi).  Paula also armed me with some French phrases like une coupe et coloration (cut and color) and couper mes points (cut my ends.)  



During
During (just like the foot massager Adam gave me, but lined with a plastic bag)

I had a wonderful experience (thank God!).  Both hair and pedi were fantastic. The cost for both together was only 380 MAD, about $38.  Can't beat that!


After


The only problem was that Souad insisted on blow drying my hair.  Alas, my curls turned to waves, but one washing will take care of that!



After


Coiffure Palace (Flashing in Arabic); After picture


After
And below is Richard looking good!  Mondial Coiffure was his barber of choice, but he may try the Palace next time.


Mondial Coiffure
Fresh from a haircut and beard trim

No comments:

Post a Comment